Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Bless This Nest...

Now is this card vintage looking or what?! I think it's the red polka dot paper. I used the new Bird Watching set from Papertrey Ink.
I colored it with colored pencils blended with OMS, cut out a popped up some of the elements. The little 'Bless this nest' sign I cut out and used some of the thin twine to make a 'hanger', which I then looped around the button. I think this is the first time I've made a card without ribbon! LOL. But the rustic twine just seemed more fitting.
Thanks for looking!
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Palette, Distress
Paper: Bristol, Papertrey Ink
Accessories: SU scallop punch, Fiskars hole punch, PTI twine, green button, sewing machine, colored pencils, OMS

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous colouring, love the image.
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Your coloring is outstanding and I like the added dimensions. There's something interesting to look at all over the card.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful coloring on this and your other cards! I saw a post of yours on SCS with the Watermelon Sugar link and I had to look...read the book by Richard Brautigan years and years ago...always a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just absolutely beautiful, simply beautiful..God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally Gorgeous!!...I love birdhouses too....lol....again your coloring and papers are Wonderful!!....Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!