Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Votive Candle Cover



I have many, many candles. But I'm not really crazy about any of the candle jars. So, I was on a mission to make 'covers' for them. Sort of like a luminaria. I set to work using some chipboard coasters to make into a open box that slips right over the candle. It was pretty easy, actually. The coaster for the front of the candle cover has a square cut out with Nestabilities to create a frame. I stamped on a piece of iridescent vellum, decorated it with lots of glittery Stickles and 3D paint and attached it to the inside of the frame. I attached DP to all of the coasters, inside and out. I used shimmery Stardream paper for the inside so when the candle is lit it sparkles and shines beautifully. To attach all the sides I simply cut out strips of constrasting DP, scored them in half and used them as a 'hinge', gluing one side to one coaster and the other half of the strip to the other coaster. Pretty straightforward, just a little time consuming. Well worth it though, when there's a candle lit in it (or one of those battery operated faux tea lights) the effect is stunning! I need to make a whole bunch of these! They would make awesome gifts too, with a beautiful scented candle to go with it. Hope you like!
Stamps: Verve Visual, Impression Obsession
Ink: Versamark, Distress
Paper: Memory Box, Stardream, Iridescent vellum
Accessories: Nestabilities, Coasters, Stickles, Copper EP, Scribbles 3D paint, Copper brads, Copic Spica pens

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is awesome!! Much better than the paper ones I have made! I'll have to give this a try! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!