Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

JustRite Stampin' Champion Contest

We were asked to make two projects for the Stampin' Champion Contest. One was to be a card, and one should be something other than a card. Well, I had no trouble with the non-card project because I had just made myself this snazzy little purse for my cell phone, and of course, then it needed a matching charm for the phone itself! So, it was fairly simple to put together. I used shrink plastic again to make the monogram charm, then linked it with silver wire and jumprings to a wool bead and a gorgeous Swarovski crystal. The wool purse was a different story! A LOT of work! I had purchased the most gorgeous wool batt from Etsy and knew I had to make something with it! I looked on the web for directions on how to make wool felt, and that's exactly what I did. It's a work out, let me tell you. After I had my felt, I cut out the pattern for the purse, and yes, I used a large Nestabilities scalloped circle to cut the flap! Woo hoo! They're not just for paper you know! I sewed it up, added some beads and buttons, made the handle, and had myself a gorgeous little bag. I love it.
Now, my next project.

I've been a customer over at PcCrafter for a long time. I love their clip art collections! This is a set called Sweater Weather by Shelley Comiskey. I printed it to fit the 1 1/2" silver Memory frame from Ranger. I also attached some tiny flat back Swarovski crystals for the 'snow' for a little added sparkle. I think it makes an adorable ornament! I'm going to make several for my own tree come Christmas!

So that's it! I hope you like them and don't forget to keep checking back at the JustRite blog for all the fun till the winner is chosen!
Cell Phone Charm Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite
Paper: Shrink Plastic

Ink: Palette
Accessories: Nestabilities, Wool, Embroidery thread, silver wire, jump ring, Swarovski crystal
Card Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite
Ink: Adirondack
Paper: Basic Grey, PTI, Bazzill
Accessories: Nestabilities, White ribbon, Ranger Memory Frame, Swarovski flat back crystals

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!