Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

JustRite Projects Not Entered into Contest.

This was a potential entry for the JustRite Stampin' Champion Contest. I made several for the final round, and decided this one wasn't the one for the contest. You'll have to wait till tomorrow to see which one I entered! There are so many beautiful projects, the competition is really fierce! To me it's all about fun, though. I mean sure, it would be great to win, but I've already been pleasantly surprised that a couple of my projects were chosen as 'hopefuls' for the finals! I won quite a few gift certificates, so I am anxiously waiting for JustRite's new releases in a couple of weeks so I can spend it all! I make cards and paper crafts because I love it. If it starts to become a 'job' I'm afraid I won't love it as much any more! KWIM?


Anyway, a little about this gift bag. The ornament/tag attached is actually called a 'penny' made of wool felt. Well, the red and blue layers are anyway. The snowman was stamped onto regular paper, then glued onto the wool. The edges were emroidered using a blanket stitch, which is typical of this type of craft. Usually there are many, many of these stacked 'pennies' made of all types of heavy weight fabric scraps, then sewn together to form decorative placemats, wall hangings, doilies, etc. I love the folk-art look to them.


Then of course, the tissue paper filler just wasn't the right color, so I sprayed it with some Moon Shadow Mists and Adirondack reinkers! Gotta get everything to coordinate!


Stamps: Inky Antics, JustRite
Ink: Palette, Distress
Paper: Watercolor paper, PTI, Cosmo Cricket, Prism
Accessories: Cream Twill tape, PTI twill ribbon, Nestabilities, Kraft Gift Bag, Moon Shadow Mist, Adirondack reinker, Wool Felt, embroidery thread, Sakura Glaze pen, Tombow/SU! markers



Here's a card I also considered entering into the contest, but decided against it in favor for another. I saw someone use Distress inkpads to watercolor with and loved, loved loved the look! It's got a vintage, aged look to it that just suits this image perfectly!

The card background was simply stamped with Versamark, so the flourishes are just a shade darker than the cardstock. Some layered ribbons, a scalloped circle sentiment that reads, 'Take the time to smell the flowers', and that's all there is to it!

Thanks for looking, and don't forget to vote for your favorite on the JustRite blog starting tomorrow!

Stamps: JustRite, Stamp Avie, Inkadinkado

Ink: Versamark, Palette, Distress, Paper Salon

Paper: Watercolor Paper, Papertrey Ink

Accessories: Nestabilities, Dew Drops, Tombow/SU! Markers, Lacy edge ribbon, PTI twill ribbon, Scribbles 3D paint, paper piercing tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!