Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Magnolia-Tilda on Sled

Isn't Tilda adorable sitting primly on her little sled? I colored her with Distress Inks and a blender pen. I wanted something to resemble large snowflakes here and there but didn't want to use glitter for the background. I remembered using Mica flakes long time ago when I was sewing my own dolls and holiday decor. They're these silvery chips, very light and fine and they remind me of ice. I think they were commonly used in vintage holiday decorations years and years ago, but made a bit of a comeback in the Primitive/Folk Art crafting world some years ago. If you search eBay, you'll find many beautiful reproduction items using Mica flakes.
Anyway, I adhered just a few of them to the background, and although it's hard to see in the picture, they really do look like snowflakes!
Stamps: Magnolia, Verve Visual sentiment
Ink: Palette, Distress
Paper: Fabriano w/c paper, Basic Grey, PTI, Prism, SU!
Accessories: Cream Twill tape, Basic Grey button, brown brads, Mica Flakes, Tombow markers


1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!