Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

'Crazy Quilt' Halloween Card

I know, I haven't been posting for a while! Life has been very hectic lately! We got a new puppy the weekend before last (English Springer Spaniel), plus the kids started school last Monday, so it's been a whirlwind around here! Finally, I can settle down and resume my routine.
The card I'm posting today is inspired by a handmade felt purse I saw in a book. I've been fascinated by felt lately. Not the cheap craft felt, but the real wool felt. It's so warm, soft and has lots of texture. I used to love sewing with it many years ago. I used to make penny rugs, which were basically wall hangings, or table rugs made with scraps of wool clothing cut into graduated circles and stacked and hand sewn in layers. There was usually some kind of applique and decorative stitching done as well. Anyway, my interest in them has resumed, and it got me to thinking how I could incorporate the style into stamping/papercrafting. The original purse this card was inspired by was actually strips of felt sewn together. The colors were very Halloweeny, so I decided to make a card with that theme. I used a black Sakura Glaze pen to make the faux stitching around all the strips of paper.
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Pink Cat Studio
Ink: Palette, Distress
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Nestabilities, Sakura Glaze pen

1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!