Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Peaceful Autumn Scene



Be on the look out for all things felt in the near future! I dug up my old stash of wool felt and have all sorts of ideas for incorporating it into my stamping/papercrafting. You know those pretty felt flowers and embellishments you see everywhere? The cost can really add up. So, the solution, make your own! I've cut felt with dies through my Big Shot machine using the Cuttlebug flowers die, as well as Bosskutz dies. Works beautifully. Just experiment with the right 'sandwich'. Or, like I did with this card, I hand cut them with sharp scissors. I stamped the flowers from Verve Visual's Fancy Florals with Burnt Umber Palette ink, then simply cut them out. Yeah, it takes a bit of time and patience, but I think the result is well worth it! The buttons were colored with some Adirondack alcohol inks to coordinate with the flowers.

Stamps: Rubber Stamp Ave., Verve Visual, Papertrey Ink

Ink: Palette, Adirondack, Distress

Paper: Prism, Kraft, PTI

Accessories: White buttons, PTI twill ribbon, Cuttlebug Houndstooth EF, Sakura Glaze pen, Wool felt


2 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy, this card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love the colors of Fall. I`m a bit sad to see summer go but fall is so pretty sometimes. I love your card; such a coppery feel to it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!