Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Candy Corn Tree Doorhanger



I had to try to think of something else besides a card to make with this tree from Stamps by Judith because it's a fairly large image. I don't usually like to make large cards, so I searched and searched, blogs, template sites, SCS & everything trying to figure out what to do besides a card. Of course, I was browsing the SCS gallery when I happened upon a couple of these doorhangers! Perfect! I didn't have a template though, so I just winged it. I made it 4" x 11" (or half a piece of cardstock), covered it in decorative paper then measured to the center and cut a circle with my Nestabilities. It would work with just a circle, but it tended to hang to one side instead of dead center. So, I measured to the center again, and using a small circle punch, cut about half a circle above the larger circle. This way the shaft of the door knob will hold it place.
It looks so much nicer IRL, I hate that I just can't capture it in my pictures! A photographer I am NOT! Anyway, you should try this easy project. One for each door in your house, for each holiday, occasion, etc. etc....LOL.

Stamps: Stamps by Judith, Papertrey Ink, Pink Cat Studio

Ink: Palette, Distress

Paper: Fabriano w/c paper, PTI, Stemma, Bazzill

Accessories: Nestabilities, 5/8" circle punch, Dew Drops, Stickles, Tombow/SU! markers, plaid ribbon (AC Moore)

3 comments:

  1. Love this - and I especially love the Halloween theme. Got a question for you - do you use a stamp positioner for all of the goodies that hang from the tree or do you just "eyeball it" really well? I'm getting spoiled with all the clear stamps out there....and while I love the tree and all the different ornament, I'm just wondering how much work they are?? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy K.! They're not much work at all because they are really small. They actually came mounted, but I unmounted them, and some of them I trimmed the rubber even closer so I could see the general shape of the stamps and position them properly. I have a SAMJ but hardly ever use it! HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative door hanger design i love candy corn and halloween!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!