Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Relax...it's your day.

Good morning everyone! Thank you for all the really sweet comments over the past week or so, they just make me feel so warm and fuzzy all over! I love to share my stuff with the world, and it's a huge boost if other people like it as much as I do!

There really aren't too many cute boy stamps out there, which is a huge problem for all the little boys who need cards! Which is why I love Lili of the Valley's amazing stamps. The little boys are almost as cute, if not cuter than the little girls! This little guy sitting under a tree having a snooze after reading his newspaper is a perfect example. I think it would be pretty funny to give this to a man, who just happens to know all about frequent naps, LOL!

I colored him with colored pencils, and layered the image onto some woodgrain embossed Core'dinations paper that I've sanded to reveal the 'grain'. Love that woodgrain impression plate, I have no problems making masculine cards now that I have it!
I printed the sentiment out on my computer, and used a McGill label punch to mount it on. The leaf patterned paper is from one of PTI's paper pads. Instead of a bow, I used some striped ribbon threaded through a PTI button to make this embellishment. I tucked a couple of leaves punched with Martha Stewart's leaf punch behind the button just to tie in with the leaf pattern paper. 

BTW, in case you haven't noticed the little banner in my sidebar, I've been invited to join the LOTV Challenge Blog design team! WOOT! How could I say no when I'm already a LOTV addict?! So you'll be seeing me playing along with the bi-weekly challenges. 

Well, that's all the news for today. Thanks for visiting!

Ink: Memento, Distress
Paper: PTI, Heavenly White, Core'dinations, Bristol vellum
Accessories: striped grosgrain ribbon, PTI button, colored pencils, OMS, Martha Stewart leaf punch, PTI woodgrain impression plate, McGill label punch

4 comments:

  1. wow this is really beautiful
    love the colors you used
    great card


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Love the LOTV stamps as well. It's a great card for boys young and a little younger. ;)
    Congrats to your spot on the DT!
    XMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the balanced design and very tastefully chosen embellies! Your colouring is amazing!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic artwork! Beautiful coloring & your choice of papers is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!