Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Impression Obsession Red Color Challenge

Good morning everyone! It's time for another challenge over at the IO blog, this time it's the color RED! I usually only use red at Christmas and Valentine's Day, so this is a bit of 'challenge' for me. 
Now onto my card:


I decided I wanted to layer this Flower 2 (just released!)stamp several times, and the thought of coloring and blending each one many times over made me shudder, lol! So I white embossed them instead, and used a sponge dauber to apply the ink. I used Adirondack Cranberry and Watermelon inks, both pretty reds. I love the instant gradation of color you get with sponging ink on, so easy! Just lightly swirl your sponge in a circular motion starting from the center out and you get a natural shading effect. The leaves (Slihouette 7 and Silhouette 2) & behind the flowers were stamped first, in Antique Linen Distress ink. 

The polka dot DP was stamped as well, using Cover-a-Card background stamps. First I stamped the CAC Gradation in Antique Linen Distress Ink, then I stamped directly over it with the Large Polka Dot CAC in Cranberry.
Interesting color combo, eh? I knew that Red was a very strong color, so I used it sparingly and with lots of neutrals. I think it's pretty effective though, I'm liking this card a lot!

You can play along in our red challenge too, check out the details on the IO blog. There is a chance you could win some IO bucks, and trust me, there a bunch of new stamps you have got to see!
For more inspiration, check out the rest of the DT ladies' blogs:

  1. Daniela Dobson
  2. Deborah March
  3. Dina Kowal
  4. Jeanne Streiff
  5. Jenny Gropp
  6. Julie Koerber
  7. Laura Fulcher
  8. Rosemary Marino

6 comments:

  1. The dauber gave you beautifully shaded results on that flower!!! Great card -- all the mixing and matching is so striking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thanks for the sponge tech idea. Love that flower image too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a really pretty card. Vibrant and soft at the same time. Really lovely!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh GORGEOUS!! Love your layering!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I have to agree with you about not using red except for certain times of year. Glad for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I ever get around to it, I am so going to copy this! It is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!