Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hot Cocoa Gift Box

I know I haven't posted lately, it's been to painful to sit at my craft table! I was cleaning my car, vacuuming the floor when all of a sudden this screaming hot pain shot down the base of my spine. Owwww! I could barely walk up to the house, never mind finish cleaning my car! I don't know what I pulled, but it's not the first time, this happens every once in a while. Takes a while to recuperate, but in the mean time, sitting for long periods of time bent over a table coloring or stamping, is too painful. I can't stay away too long though, it's like going through withdrawl, LOL!

Anyway--I knew when I saw this new Toasty Treats stamp from Impression Obsession exactly what I was going to do with it. I had seen someone on SCS use a clear box that the Papertrey Ink stamp sets come in to package a little hot cocoa packet, marshmallows and peppermint sticks. Of course, I've been saving my PTI boxes for exactly something like this!
So I just made a band to go around the top and bottom of the box, lined it with some coordinating DP, decorated it and filled it with a couple of hot cocoa packets, a little bag of marshmallows, and some old fashioned peppermint sticks. So CUTE! I know lots of people who love hot cocoa, so who wouldn't love this little gift?!
Makes you think about all the things you might have been throwing away, huh?
Hope it inspires!
Stamps: Impression Obsession, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Ancient Page, Distress, Perfect Match
Paper: Graphic 45, Prism, PTI, Bristol vellum, Shimmer paper
Accessories: Nestabiltiies, Labels dies, red grosgrain ribbon, Sizzix snowflakes dies, SU brad, Stickles, Copic Spica pens, Colored Pencils, OMS, Liquid Applique

5 comments:

  1. certainly hope you get better soon.

    love the box

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon.
    Love the warm wishes box...

    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a lovely image and such a great card, that hot chocolate looks good enough to drink! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your back gets better soon! I love your blog! Stunning work!
    I am just loving this image and how you colour..is just stunning!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I say it again. Love that vintage feeling that you manage to catch in your arty projects.
    Get well soon.
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!