Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Homespun Stocking

I discovered an old Penny Black catalog and started looking through it only to see some of the most darling stamps I had ever seen. Of course, every single one of them MUST be retired, I thought. But apparently, you can still get them HERE! Dick the owner is a really nice guy, and helped me get this stamp, which apparently was the last one, although it said on the catalog page that they were no longer available! So for all you PB fans, you can still get a lot of the old stamps, just contact Dick.
Anyway, I colored the image with my colored pencils, and OMS. I tried to make the stocking look like it was woven, I used three different colors for all the stripes. I love the sweet little snowguy, I am such a sucker for snowmen!
The snowflake is three different layers of die cuts and puches. One from shimmery brown paper, one from wool felt, and another from regular cardstick. Pretty huh?
Hope you like it, come back soon!
Stamps: Penny Black
Ink: Memento, Distress
Paper: Papertrey Ink, Bazzill, Cosmo Cricket, The Paper Co., Bristol vellum
Accessories: Sizzix snowflake dies, Martha Stewart snowflake & simple scallop punches, antique brad, Stickles, PTI twill ribbon, grosgrain ribbon, button. sewing machine, Copic Spica pen, white gel pen

4 comments:

  1. I love that "old" looking feeling you have catch on your card. It's wonderful. Good work!
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty doesn't even begin to describe it Kath!! I love it!! Yes, Dick is wonderful . . . but once you start with Penny Black, I don't know if you can ever stop ;). I just LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Card but I see people refer to OMS what is that? handforth@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotten a lot of the older ones, love that we can, they are amazing stamps. This is beautiful! Love what you did with the snowflake. I think you were the one that PM'd me on SCS, I can get the email, but can't access my PM's on SCS since they've changed servers...feel free to e-mail me instead, you'll find it in my profile on my blog...and yes, to your question. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!