Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Digistamped Witch

I don't know how I ran across Mo's Digital Pencil, one of my marathon surfing sessions no doubt, looking for something new. I printed out a couple of 'stamps' I bought last week sometime, and since then I've seen a couple of people discovered her wonderful illustrations as well! I had tried this one before with printed images, but couldn't watercolor with it, so I gave up on it. Well, now that I've alnost completely switched over to colored pencils and OMS, I figured there had to be a way to do this without smearing the printer ink. I didn't want to have to worry about staying in the lines, not coloring over them, that is NOT me, lol! So I tried spraying the printed images with a fixative. I used a Krylon brand fixative, and started coloring and blending away. It worked beautifully!
I find that I can't get as deep a color as with a stamped drawing, I think the fixative makes a 'film' that prevents too much build up of the pencil, but it doesn't smear at all! Fabulous!
This adorable witch was the end result of my experiment, and she does look sweet, if I say so myself! I am definitely adding digistamps to my stamp collection.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil, Papertrey INk sentiment
Ink: Versafine
Paper: Bristol vellum, Bazzill, PTI, Karen Foster designs
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF, May Arts ribbon, PTI button, SU oval scallop & oval punches, orange rhinestones, colored pencils, OMS

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring on this. I recently found Mo too! Isn't she wonderful? Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card ... amazing coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring on this is just fabulous! I love the blue shading and the white dots that just give the entire image life and personality! I bought a bunch and just printed them myself, but have yet to color them...but your technique seems to have worked wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absoluteley gorgeous! Your color work is stunning:-D

    Inge xOx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katarina, I apologize for not spelling your name correctly on a previous comment post. Such a beautiful name I certainly don't want to mispell it.
    Mo's images have gotten so popular recently. No wonder with someone like you making her images come to life. I love your coloring. I too love to use my colored pencils and you inspire me girl!
    ~Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!