Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Folk Art Snowman

This is a verry rustic, distressed card! This snow guy is from another of my favorite decorative painting artists, Katrina Roncin's book Abundance of Blessings. I've had this book for a long time, and painted many a patterns from it. I love her primitive style and deep, antique colors. I traced and watercolored the image with a variety of Distress Inks, Adirondack reinkers, and of course, Tombow markers. I could not find an off-white pen or marker though, so I painted the snowflakes in the background with the old stand by, a paintbrush and acrylic paints. While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled glitter on it. I love the way this card came out. It kind of looks like a special memento that's been lovingly saved in Grandma's attic for years!
Hope you like!
Paper: Hot press w/c paper, Cosmo Cricket, Kraft, Stardream
Accessories: Adirondack reinkers, Distress Inks, Tombow/SU markers, SU scallop punch, mini sewing machine, Americana acrylic paint, Art Institute glitter

4 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card! Your painting is beautiful, I love the background color and the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a stunning card!!! Wow! Love the colors and the patterned paper is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are amazing...love stopping by to see what you have come up with. You do such beautiful work! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so well done. I love that you added the acrylic snowflakes. They look awesome. TFS
    Dawn B.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!