Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Back to Basics

Whew! I need a break from complicated and detailed watercolored cards! While I was out and about yesterday, I saw lots of poinsettia's for sale. I love them, especially all the new fangled colors they come in nowadays. I wanted to make a fairly traditional poinsettia card, in red with some gold accents. I only have one actual poinsettia stamp, and it was too large for the idea I had forming in my head. I didn't feel like making one out of punched paper, so I flipped through my everyday stamp collection. Well, I spied Papertrey Ink's Boxes, Bags and Tags and the little flower set included with it! Perfect! Stamped a couple of those in Poppy and Moulin Rouge Palette Inks, cut them out, popped them up and I had my main image. The rest was easy! Isn't it pretty?
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Perfect Match, Palette, Colorbox
Paper: Papertrey Ink, Gold Stardream
Accessories: Gold striped ribbon, Nestabilities, Stickles

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty. I really like the way you used the flower set. Great layout.
    Dawn B.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!