Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sweet Pea Card


I forgot to post this card when I made it, and found it as I was sorting through my massive collection of cards. It's such a simple card, I stamped the circle element from PTI's Green Thumb set along one half of a piece of Sweet Blush cardstock to create a background for the Sweet Pea image. I layered it onto scalloped Spring Moss die cut and adhered using dimensional foam tape. The flower in the lower left corner was punched using flower punches from Marvy and EK Success, which I embossed a little to give it some shape. I saw this technique on this blog and loved how flower punches (and die cuts, too!) looked so much better with realistic dimension. Thanks to that lovely little tutorial, I had to go and spend some more money on some of those Punch Bunches, so I can make more flowers! Maybe I won't need to buy so many Primas anymore.....yah--right!

Anyway, the adorable Sweet Pea image was just crying out for some Dew Drops, they fit perfectly over the little peas, then some Spring Moss twill and it's done! Hope you like it!
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Perfect Match
Paper: PTI
Accessories: PTI twill, nestabilities, Dew Drops, EK Success Flower Punch, Marvy flower Punch, Stylus

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!