Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Mother's Day Gifts.



Well, since I'm up late waiting for Papertrey Ink's new May release, I figured I'd post some pics of my new flowers I got for Mother's Day! My baby went all out and let me pick anything I wanted to plant in our deck boxes. These are just three of the beauties I got, all Begonias, one of my most favorite flowers. Since the back deck is pretty shady, these are the perfect plants back there, they do really well with little sun. I also ordered some beautiful Fuschias from an online source out of Washington, and I can't wait to get them! Fuschias are another plant that does well in shade, and are fairly easy to care for. I love hanging baskets, and the trailing type Begonias, and Fuschias make stunning hanging baskets. Usually by early summer our back deck is gorgeous with tons of color, I'll post more pics then.



I also did some stamping, and made some cards.



This card was actually pretty simple. It's hard to see but the scalloped rectangle in the center of the card is cut from the same sheet of DP, and simply 'popped' up with dimensional tape. I colored in the birds with Copic Spica clear pen, and it really shimmers beautifully in person.



Stamps: Papertrey Ink

Ink: SU!

Paper: Memory Box

Accessories: PTI ribbon, Dew Drops, Prima flowers, Liquid Pearls, Nestabilities, Copic Spica Pens








Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Inkadinkado


Ink: Palette, Tsukineko Walnut Stain, Embossing Ink


Paper: PTI, SU!


Accessories: Nestabilities, Clear EP, PTI ribbon


This card was inspired by Michelle Zindorf's tutorial here. She makes gorgeous stuff, and a lot of tutorials! I don't know how she does it! She must have a good camera, because I have to edit every single pic I take, and it takes forever! Anyway, I really like the way the card came out, I might try another one with different colors. I always liked the look of emboss resist.


Well, I'm off to join the Papertrey release party! Then at midnight I can order a bunch of new stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!