Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Yee-haw!

Good morning blog friends! I think I may have figured out the best way for making faux wood look really, really close the the real thing. I've done this before, but never with the awesome results I got here. I added an extra step to a popular technique I see used all over the paper crafting world and love the result.


That wood looks pretty darn real, doesn't it?! Here's how I did it:
I stamped PTI's woodgrain background in Antique Linen Distress Ink on Rustic Cream cardstock. Stamped again (slightly off from the original) in Corduroy. Sponged Antique Linen, Corduroy and Walnut over the whole thing, making sure to leave some areas light.
Stamped again with Cream pigment ink, let it dry.
THEN, the real magic happened when I ran it through my Big Kick with the woodgrain impression plate. Yee-haww! Love the result! 
Anyway, it made the perfect frame for this adorable cowgirl Wryn, I love this little girl to pieces! She's colored with Copics.



The papers are from Raspberry Road Designs, 'Cowgirl Cool', how cool is that cowhide print? I stamped the sentiment with a Just Rite custom stamper. Remember those tiny little letters that you have to be super careful with popping them into the round stamper thingy? Well, I haven't figured out how to do computer generated sentiments in a circle (well I have, but they printed out really poorly) so I had to dig the classic stamper out. 


This card goes into the favorites pile! Hope you like it too, thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Digital image from Tiddly Inks, Just Rite, PTI
Ink: Distress, Memento, Perfect Match
Paper: Hammermill (for digital image and PP), Bazzill, Core'dinations
Tools & Accessories: Nestabilities, Spellbinders Labels, PTI ribbon/woodgrain impression plate, silver brad, SU scallop punch

7 comments:

  1. You are so right, that woodgrain is perfect! Good for you! Wryn is adorable too, great coloring. I love your wonderful papers and ALL the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is darling!!! And you should put it in the favorites folder, it's adorable! Love the woodgrain effect and all the papers work together.... and your coloring is beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a a great card. Love the cowgrain leather look paper goes so well with the cute little cowgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy! This is FABulous! =) Cute and stylish all at the same time... those papers are fantastic and I LOVE the woodgrain look you were able to achieve! Y'all should be right proud. ;) Thanks for sharing the how-to! ~Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card - that woodgrain is perfect.
    I have really enjoyed browsing your blog - you do beautiful work.
    Cheers,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all the textures on this card, you have chosen brilliantly to match in with the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, the wood is fabulous and the rest of the card also, of course.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!