Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Groovy Chick

Hello everyone, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that many of you liked my CAS card! I was a bit hesitant to even ask (in fear of the dreaded silence when people are too polite, lol) but apparently I had nothing to worry about! Thank you so much for all the kind words, they are very much appreciated.
Well, considering I much prefer lots of layers and embellishments on my usual cards, we're back to my comfort zone with this one. I thought this groovy little chick from Wee Stamps was calling out to be colored, so here's what I came up with...


I really wanted to do a hippie style card, but I didn't have any tie dye patterns, and really didn't feel searching for some, so I went some really colorful papers with very organic patterns instead. I skipped the whole peace, love thing and just went with the flow. 


I had to add a computer generated groovy sentiment though, complete with a Flower Power font, lol! And maybe the retro felt daisies...


Oh well, it is what it is... thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Wee Stamps
Papers: Basic Grey, PTI, Hammermill for image
Tools & Accessories: PTI ribbon/button/banner/flower dies, Spellbinders Lacey circles/Nestabilities, wool felt, baker's twine, Copics, Stickles, EK Success lace edge punch

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and beautifully coloured image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Katarina and how lovely to have a comment from Sylvia herself! The colouring is beautiful and your choice of papers really fab, they're so pretty against this image. So glad to have found your blog tonight x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!