Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Vintage Seed Packet

Good morning blog friends! We are getting ready to drive down to our family reunion in North Carolina this Sunday, we'll be spending a week on the Outer Banks with many, many of our relatives from near and far. It's an exciting time that we've been looking forward to for over a year! It will be wonderful spending time with cousins, aunts and uncles that I haven't seen in ages. We used to be a very close extended family as children, but as everyone grew older, married and moved all over the country and even overseas. 
So there will be no crafting for me next week, and this will be my last card for a while. Maybe I'll post pictures of the beach while I'm there though. 
Also, a little while ago I posted that I was going to be relocating to North Carolina sometime this summer, however, plans have changed again. We're not moving unfortunately. It's a bittersweet decision, I was looking forward to being closer to my brothers as well as my parents who just recently moved there but it just wasn't meant to be I guess. I'm relieved that there won't be a long, tiresome move, new job hunting, etc., etc. but a little sad as well.

Oh well, enough personal news... here's a card I made a couple of weeks ago. I was sorely tempted again to buy the new companion set that was released to this seed packet stamp set from PTI recently, but I thought to myself- I haven't even used the old set! How could I justify buying another if I haven't even used the one I have! I have really tried to curtail how many stamps I buy, especially if I already have one that is similar. So, I cracked open a couple of stamps I've never used.


Now that I've created a card using the seed packet set, I sort of don't feel the urge to get the new one, because it is so similar. I'm happy with this one. I did a simple window for the seed packet layer, and water colored the sweet peas for the bottom layer. 


Well, I'm off to start packing, lots to do before we leave! Thanks for peeking in, be back in a week with some exciting news!


Most supplies from PTI.

5 comments:

  1. stunning. fab colours. love the layout x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly beautiful card! your coloring is perfect & I love the gold outline around the flowers instead of black. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...gorgeous card. LOVE the image, your coloring and sponging.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I recieved a seed packet in the mail with a gift card inside and it was one of these from PTI. hehe, had to save it for putting into my smash book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absoluely Beautiful Katarina as usual!!! I absolutley adore your work! I'm sad that you will not be relocating....I could not imagine being far away from my family. On the upside however, perhaps my dream of driving 2 hours to 'stalk' errrr visit you and watch your magical process in person may be able to come to fruition! *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!