Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hip hop hooray!

Ok, I'm sure some of you will be wondering why in the heck I have a strange frog card to show you today, and the truth is, I couldn't resist. I get bored doing the same type of thing over and over, and needed to do something different. This whimsical froggie from Purple Onion Designs is just what the Dr. ordered. 



He's colored entirely in colored pencils on Kraft paper, with NO OMS blending. This is the way I used to color in High School art class, lol. There are a lot more layers of color this way, which provides a beautiful depth to the image. 



I am really happy with the way this card came out, it took me a lot of time, but well worth it. The gorgeous lily pad flowers are a Silhouette Store cut file that I shrunk down quite a bit. I hand cut the tall grasses with my trusty sharp little scissors. 


Hope you like it as much as I do, thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Purple Onion Designs, PTI
Ink: Memento, Distress
Papers: Cloud digital pattern paper from Shery K Designs; Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket
Tools & Accessories: colored pencils, Souffle pen, embroidery floss, ball pin, bugle bead, PTI banner die

5 comments:

  1. I colour with my pencils this way too - I love the card and that froggie is adorable.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Katarina! You never cease to AMAZE!! I haven't used my pencils in a loooong time! You have inspired me to pull them out today!
    Hugs,
    Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Your card really made me smile this morning! Love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lil guy looks familiar! I loved all the images from this set, and Freckles was the first thing I colored up. Your embellishments are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katarina, this is So gorgeous I can't believe it! Those perfect little lilies, WOW! And the patterned paper water, the dotted lily pads, the bull rushes... Beyond stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!