Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Room with a View

Good morning everyone, how would you like to wake up every morning to a view like this out your window? I wish... but I may never leave my room if that were the case, lol! This is a gate (or window) die from Heartfelt Creations and I am nuts about it. I love the way you can open and close the shutters. I'd leave it closed when mailing, but what a nice surprise for the recipient when the shutters open up to reveal the pretty vista inside. 


I used a digital landscape from Just Inklined that I got a long time ago, unfortunately I don't see any more digital stamps in their web store anymore! I don't know what happened, maybe I'm just missing it. Anyway, I colored it with some Copics and mounted it behind the window.


Here's a closer look with the shutters partly closed. 


The gorgeous papers are from a Prima paper pad. I custom colored some of the smaller rosebuds from Wild Orchid Crafts with Copics too, I didn't have the right color to match the paper. It's why I bought a bunch of white roses, because I knew I would have this problem! Copics work really nicely because they kind of bleed along the soft paper giving them a more natural, softer looking color.


Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!


Stamps: Digital image from Just Inklined
Papers: Prima, Hammermill, white cardstock, Memory Box
Tools & Accessories: Heartfelt Creations die, Spellbinders Label & border dies, silk ribbon, WOC roses, Copics

7 comments:

  1. Hi I have not visited for ages ! So been your a look at all your super creations! Wow this is gorgeous ! I think this die will be very popular its gorgeous! Love the scene so beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina, this is gorgeous. Love the die and your selection of papers. What a beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card! That die cut is perfect and I like the other die down at the bottom with it. Beautiful papers and scene as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Love this die and the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katarina,
    WOW this is stunning!love your beautifully coloured image and pretty details :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found this on Pinterest. It's gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Stunning!!! Great tip about the Copic's. I usually use my glimmer mists, but the Copic's would certainly be more cost effective when coloring one or two roses!
    Hugs,
    Melanie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!