Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Boys Love Cookies

Good morning friends! This month we're making stuff for the boys with circles as an optional addition to the theme. I know a lot of you have a hard time making cards for the boys/men in our lives, but I love making cards for boys! I think it's the cool patterns/textures and masculine colors. It's good to use different things than I usually do. So here's a little card and cookie tower box I came up with. The milk carton template is from the Silhouette store which I modified a bit with an oval opening so you can see the stack of cookies. I love how the Cameo not only cuts this box template out, but scores all the fold lines too! Super easy to put together.


The stamp I chose for the card is an oldie but goody, 'Milk and Biscuits' which I colored with Copics, and some colored pencils as well. I dug deep into the paper stash and came across this old SU collection with colors that were perfect for a little boy. 



I added some banners to the card and the box that I cut with dies. I don't use these nearly enough, so it was perfect for this project. 


I hope this helps you get some ideas for those sweet little boys in your life, they're so much fun. I'll have some more masculine themed cards later on this month, including the perfect card for Dad!


Thanks for visiting, have a great day!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley 'Milk and Biscuits' and 'For Him Sentiments'
Ink: SU
Paper: SU, Hammermill for stamped image
Tools & Accessories: Nestabilities, SU ribbon, pinking edge rotary cutter, Copics, banner dies, baker's twine, Silhouette Cameo

5 comments:

  1. Oh these boys are so cute! I love this color pallet! I would love to learn how to color with Copics. Someday! There's always something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous. love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fantastic cookie box and card!! Love the colours! And your colouring is stunning!
    Have a nice easter, greetings Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and have just looked through all your LOTV-card and they are just amazing! Your coloring is just fabulous and the cards are so wonderful!
    Thanks for all the inspiration! I will come by often from now on!

    Love Mickaela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous boys card Katarina. Love these lil' dudes from LOTV. They've really got it right with these stamps haven't they?!
    Your colouring is gorgeous, I love the colours you've done the hair and the paisley paper is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!