Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Seahorse Bay

Hello everyone! I couldn't resist adding this gorgeous Seahorse stamp set from Justrite to my stash, I love the ocean and this one just called to me. Some day, when I hit the lottery ;-) one of my homes will be on the ocean, maybe on a bluff overlooking a rocky shore. It's good to dream, but in the meantime, I can make beautiful cards that remind me of the sea. 


I stamped the seahorse image in brown embossing powder on hot press water color paper. I pulled out a couple of my Tombow markers and added some color to the background with a water brush. I let three colors just bleed into each other to give it that soft watery look.


The papers are from one of my favorite collections from Kaisercraft, 'Devonshire'. It's got the perfect blue-greens and sand colors that remind me of the ocean. I stitched some seed beads around the border of the card, which is very time consuming, but adds such a beautiful touch to any card. 



So now I can keep this card on my desk and dream about my ocean front home, lol! Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by.


Stamps: JustRite
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Kaisercraft, Core'dinations, hot press w/c paper
Tools & Accessories: Martha Stewart seashell PATP set, Spellbinders Labels 22, twill ribbon, Tombow Markers, brown EP, Koi water brush, Stickles, seed beads, Kaisercraft pearls

3 comments:

  1. wonderful card and colours. That would be my dream to have a home near the ocean but backed by mountains.

    Edna x :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the water coloring technique and the shell border, but those seed beads - you are a patient woman!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!