Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge #59

It's sketch challenge time over at the Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge blog, with an awesome sketch from Bev. I love creating cards from sketches, it makes it so much easier to do something different. I find that sometimes my cards get 'stuck in a rut' so-to-speak. ;-) So here's this week's sketch:



And here's my card, using 'Carol Singing'. 

I used the colors from the Basic Grey Wassail papers to color in the image with colored pencils. I wanted the lamp post to look like wrought iron, so I outlined it with a black Sakura Glaze pen. I must say I have a very hard time getting a metallic look with colored pencils, I may have to spend some time studying some tutorials on how to do this more effectively. 


I used some white Fun Flock for the furry Santa hats and cuffs on the little girls, I really like that stuff. I also flocked the larger snowflake on the embellishment, and some glass glitter for the smaller one. I love the chunky sparkle of glass glitter, resembles ice crystals.




Now head on over to the LOTV blog and check out the other DT's cards for more inspiration. Then create your own card to enter and win some LOTV stamps!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Memento, Distress
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest, PTI, Heavenly White, Stardream, Basic Grey
Accessories: EK Success edge punch, Nestabilities, colored pencils, OMS, gold ribbon, Sakura Glaze pens, Copic sketch/Spica markers, SU scallop oval and oval punches, Martha Stewart Lg. and Sm. snowflake punches, glass glitter, Stickles, Fun Flock, Viva pearl pen

2 comments:

  1. wow katarina
    this christmas card is great, your coloring is stunning and I love the layout

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeously, stunning card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!