Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge

This week the challenge at the LOTV challenge blog is to use circles and/or dots on your card. I chose the 'I baked a cake' stamp for this card. The sweet bear has dots on her apron and dress, which suited this challenge perfectly. I added some Sakura white Glaze pen dots to highlight them a little more. I love how opaque it dries!


I used one of the sketches from the Mojo Monday blog, I kind of have a hard time using circles on my cards, so I needed a little help, lol. 
As usual, I colored the bear with my colored pencils, although I used a G0000 Copic to add the light shading around the entire image. 
The dot accents were made using an Ice White Viva Decor Pearl pen. I bought a few colors thinking they would be easier to use to create uniformly shaped 'pearls', but I don't think they're much better than Liquid Pearls. I like it, but IMO they're almost the same. 



The frosting on the cake was done with Liquid Pearls, which I think came out just as nice.

Now hop on over and check out all the lovely cards the other ladies on the DT created, lots of creative minds at work there!
Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Memento
Paper: Bristol vellum, SEI, SU, PTI
Accessories: SU edge punch, Nestabilities, colored pencils, OMS, white satin ribbon, Viva Decor Pearl pen, Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Sakura white and black glaze pens, Fiskars texture plate

5 comments:

  1. So cute, Katarina! My order just came today so I hope to play along this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soo lovely katarina
    love the soft colors


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack!! I love these images. Your card is so cute... Wonderful colors the pearls and big white satin bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I happened upon your blog, I am admiring your work, will add you to my list of blogs that I follow so that I can see more of your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!