Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Berry Sweet

As soon as I saw this darling little gal Mo Manning posted on her blog the other day, I snapped her up! I love strawberries! She also just posted a Blueberry Girl, as well, and I can't wait to color her up as well! I'm seeing a whole Berry series of chubby little kids, lol.

I knew I had some strawberry patterned paper in my stash somewhere, and after a bit of digging I found this design from a DCWV mat stack. 



Strawberry Girl has been colored with colored pencils for the most part, some flesh toned Copics for her skin though. When I was ready to add a bow to the almost completed card, I didn't like any of the colors of ribbon I had. They were either too red, or too light pink, I wanted a nice medium reddish pink. Well, that's where custom dying our own ribbon comes in really handy! I looked through my color charts, found a pretty Watermelon from Adirondack inks. Filled a mini mister with reinker and water, spritzed some white seam binding, popped it in the microwave to dry, and voila...



..Perfectly coordinating ribbon.

Well, that's it for now, hope someone was able to draw some inspiration from something here! Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil
Ink: Adirondack reinker (for ribbon dye), Glimmer Mist
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Memory Box, DCWV, Core'dinations
Accessories: EK Success edge punch, seam binding, leaf stick pins, colored pencils, OMS, PTI flower die/button

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! I like the image and love your coloring. And the ribbon looks great!!
    have a nice day, jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work always ... the ribbon idea was great! Thanks for sharing.
    Amy, Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is card Katarina, love the pretty image and beautifully coloured!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are always so inspiring. I love how many layers you put on them. It really makes the images pop.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!