Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Some news...and a card!

Well here I am finally. I know it's been very sporadic posting for me, but I think I may have a very good reason! In case you haven't noticed my new badge in the left sidebar, I've been invited to join the Splitcoast Stampers Dirty Dozen design team. I'm just now starting to come out of the fog I've been in ever since Lydia first asked me a couple of months ago! I was so nervous I really had a lot of trouble concentrating on anything else. I mean, what an honor, a privilege to be a part of the Dirty Girls! So there I was for the past month, frantically working on what had to be my BEST cards ever! All of this in addition to my existing obligations to IO and LOTV DT's. Let me tell you I was feeling the pressure, lol! But, now that the anxiety is starting to subside a bit, the secret is out, I can resume my regular blogging schedule. 
Here is a card I thought I would add to the DD gallery, but changed my mind. 


Very masculine, with the earthy colors and woodgrain background. I embossed Core'dinations paper with the PTI impression plate and sanded away to reveal the core color. That paper and the impression plate were made for each other let me tell you, I love the wood effect!

Lots of intricate leaf cutting so I could layer them onto some of that brown polka dot paper. I decorated the inside of the card too, just a couple of light colored leaf prints to tie in with the front.
I'm thinking I may change the bow into a more simple knot, not sure if any guys I know like bows!

Hopefully I haven't lost too many readers and you all will understand my absence, and thanks to all of you who are still here! I have lots to share in the coming weeks. And if you don't see anything posted here on my blog, pop on over to Splitcoast to see what I've cooked up for the Dirty Dozen gallery!

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Perfect Match
Paper: Papertrey Ink, Core'dinations
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels die, SU edge punch, PTI ribbon/button/twine

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to congratulate you on your Dirty Dozen appointment! Your work is so good and you deserve to be a part of that group. I just had to join the fan club since you were showing cards there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much like the papertrey style and you have made a beautful and classy card here. Very nice.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!