Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Impression Obsession Simple Stamping Challenge

I have two posts today, so don't forget to scroll down so you can see both of them.

This week our challenge over at the IO blog is Simple Stamping. Simple card with less embellishment. Believe it or not, this is sometimes much harder for me than the usual cards I make! It's hard to restrain myself sometimes, especially without DP or many layers. I chose this sweet cupcake stamp for my focal point, 'Everything's Rose'. (C8437)

I have a really hard time taking good photos of mostly white cards, I have yet to figure out how to do it properly, so please excuse the poor quality of the pics!


The cupcake was colored lickety split with just a few colors of pencils in very pale pastel colors. I cut it out and mounted it to a plain white card base. I did a simple embossed Label frame and a scalloped edge. A little Stickles on the roses, some tiny pearls with Viva Decor pen, a simple ribbon/bow and that's it. A simple sentiment finishes it off. (B8453)






If you need more inspiration, check out the DT's blogs, then you can create your own simple card to enter to win a $25 gift certificate for the IO store!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento, Perfect Match
Paper: PTI
Accessories: Martha Stewart scalloped edge punch, seam binding, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, Stickles, Spellbinders Labels die, colored pencils, OMS

2 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!