Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Cupcake!

Hello blog friends! Want to see some color? This card has got COLOR, lol. I think it's got every color under the sun, thanks to this Indie Bloom paper pad. I don't often use such bold colors, but when I do it makes me happy.
This card features a purple cupcake (grape icing, maybe?) which I personally have never seen, but think someone should make one! I used the 'Never too old for Cupcakes' stamp, colored with Copics and colored pencils. 


I did some hand stitching around the borders of both label die cuts. I think it adds just the right finishing touch!



How about those tiny little sentiment tags? I've seen this idea used many times, but was always too chicken to try it myself. Kind of neat though, and not as hard I thought it might be. 


The week is almost over, phew! Just two more days to go till the weekend. Thanks for dropping by!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Memento
Paper: Basic Grey, Core'dinations, Hammermill, Heavenly White card base
Tools & Accessories: Spellbinders Labels, PTI Bloom Builders dies/button, ribbon, Copic Sketch & Spica markers, embroidery floss 

5 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Katarina and those papers are just beautiful
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi wow just had to comment on this beautiful cheerful creation ! It really makes her stand out with your super colouring ! Had the most divine pink cupcake ( we call them fairy cakes here :D) the other day it was divine !! Purple could be yummy too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This absolutely gorgeous! You may not use it often, but this bold color combo is striking. LOVE LOVE LOVE! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to pull myself back into my chair...this is STUNNING and those tags...they are right up my alley. I never did the little nipped ends before...I will be case-ing this for sure. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little angel in the cupcake is adorable. You took an adorable image and made it in a beautiful card! Outstanding!!! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!