Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Make a Wish Book Box

Hello everyone, I worked on this project all day yesterday and am so glad it's done. I love the way it came out though, it looks like a little book, but actually has a compartment inside for a little gift. I love these kinds of gift packages, so different! I got the tutorial from Butternut Sage, but I did see a couple of different ways to make it on various blogs. 


 Here's the inside of the book box with all the pretty Prima papers and punched borders. Instead of using a ribbon closure as shown in the tutorial, I wanted to use an elastic type fastener instead. I just used a pretty brad to hook a small loop of elastic string around to keep it closed. 



The sweet little fairy is from a Pergamano stamp set, colored with Copics. I added lots of Stickles around her to make her sparkle. 


Pretty cute, I think! Thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Pergamano, Papertrey Ink, Lili of the Valley sentiment
Ink: Memento, Paper Salon, Distress
Paper: Heavenly White, PTI, Gina K, Prima
Tools & Accessories: Scor Pal, Copics, Stickles, Pearl brad, elastic string, EK Success tiny scallop punch, Martha Stewart edge punch, Spellbinders Labels 1/Fancy Tags 2, Prima ruffled accent, seam binding, PTI Tiny Tags die

3 comments:

  1. This is just lovely.

    Here is a site that I found something similar http://stampartic.blogspot.com/2010/09/tea-light-card.html.

    Check out the tutorial tab there are some amazing projects to pick from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just an adorable box! It's so pretty you wouldn't even need a gift inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your day of creativity sure paid off. This is beautiful! Your attention to detail is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!