Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Count your Rainbows...

Good morning blog friends! It's been a while since I posted anything, I know. I've had a few custom projects to do, as well as something elaborate for my Mom's upcoming birthday which took up a lot of my time this past week. I did manage to get this little cutie done in between everything else. I have to let you in on a little secret, I've got this thing for gnomes and have been hunting high and low for stamps depicting them. There are some, but nothing comes close to SU's retired Knobbly Gnomes that costs a small fortune to acquire on Ebay! I do love that set though, and hopefully some day I'll get me one. In the meantime, I came across this little darling from Poppystamps. Not a typical garden gnome, but oh so cute!


I decided I wanted to create an entire 'scene' for Peggy Polka Dot, and my inspiration for the tree and birds came from a recent video by Erin Lincoln for PTI's Make it Monday series. Love those chubby little birds, although I have a heck of a time trying to line them up on those die cut shapes! It almost seems easier to cut out the birds by hand than trying to line them up perfectly. Shame...



Since the little gnome reminds me of the old Bavarian style, I chose to use some really earthy colors from one of Cosmo Cricket's collections. I can't remember the name of it though....


That's all for now, hope everyone has a decent Monday! Thanks for dropping by!


Stamps: Poppystamps, Papertrey Ink, Inkadinkado
Ink: Memento, Perfect Match
Paper: Heavenly White card base, PTI, Cosmo Cricket, Core'dinations
Tools & Accessories: MFT grass Die, PTI bird dies/ribbon/button, SU scallop punch, embroidery floss, colored pencils, OMS, Copics

2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card! If you like gnomes - have you ever seen the David and Goliath t-shirt that says 'hanging with my gnomeys'!!?? LOL! Would be perfect for you! Hugs, Marie x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!