Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge 'Believe in Fairies'

Hello fellow LOTV fans, it's that time of the week again. Our theme this Thursday is 'I believe in fairies'. Who doesn't love the LOTV fairies?! I know I do and this little darling is called 'On Tiptoe'. My first LOTV fairy stamp and I love her just as much as when I first inked her up.


I pulled out the ole Copic markers to color with this time, just to keep with the times. I do prefer my pencils, but it's good to keep practicing with all the other coloring mediums I have. I have to justify spending a small fortune for them, so they do get used once in a while, lol! I'm always afraid I'm going to run them dry though, and I'll have to invest in refills, which I can not afford at the moment! I've had them about a year and had to refill three already, hmmph!



See the pretty background paper? I made that with some of the clear 'additions' stamp sets. I used the 'Folk Flowers' set to stamp on a plain piece of light blue paper from a Memory Box collection. You know how you always get one or two plain papers in those paper pads? I never use them as is, so I spruced it up a bit. I just stamped in white embossing powder and added a bit of pale colors here and there with my Copics. Soft and subtle, I really like it. 


I added some grass on the bottom with a die cut, but when I saw the piece of paper left after cutting, an idea hit me. I could use it as a stencil to create inked grass. So I did, just used a little sponge dauber and Distress ink for an extra dimension behind the die cut grass. Pretty neat!


Want to see some more fairies? Head over to the LOTV challenge blog check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the DT, then you'll be inspired to join in on the fun. 


Thanks for visiting!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley- On Tiptoe, Folk Flowers and Dreamy Days sentiments
Ink: Memento, Versamark, Paper Salon, Distress
Paper: PTI, Memory Box
Tools & Accessories: MFT Die-namics grass, lime ribbon, white embossing powder, Copics, Stickles, Nestabilities, McGill circle punch

4 comments:

  1. The background paper you created is gorgeous, as is the image.

    Hits
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card & the grass effect just sets everything off! All in all, a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job on creating your own background paper and grass! Thanks for sharing this darling fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love how you did the background paper. You've inspired me to try and make my own dp's after seeing quite a few of the ones you have done in recent times, so I bought a few stamps and will have a play this weekend. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!