Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Brrrr....Frosty!

Hi all! Guess what? I can make normal sized cards, lol! Of course, I find myself making too few of these small A2 cards, but when I need a lot of them, quickly, these are the ones I end up making. They're so cute though, almost miniature compared to my favorite 6" square!


I used the adorable little snowman from PTI's Tremendous Treats set, I decided to stamp him in a light color for the 'no lines' effect. Quickly colored with some Copics, a couple of layered circles...

I ran across an awesome resource for sheet music you can print out, Free Scores.com. You can find tons of sheet music for any kind of song, which is cool because I wanted 'Jingle Bells', and print it out to use on your projects. And you don't have to feel guilty for cutting up the real thing. There are some really cool old, aged looking ones too for those vintage cards. 


The background paper was an experiment with the 'shadow stamping'. I've never tried it until now, but I love it. I'm pretty sure it's not called shadow stamping, but that's what it looks like to me and I can't remember the official name of the technique. I stamped all over the paper with dye ink slightly darker than the cardstock color, then went over it with white ink, slightly off center. That's what makes it look like a shadow, or embossing. Maybe it's called Faux Embossing?? I don't know...


Anyway, that's all for today, thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Adirondack, SU, Perfect Match
Paper: Hammermill, SU, Stardream
Tools & Accessories: SU Northern Frost Die, jingle bells, Baker's Twine, snow trim from Webster's Pages, Copics, Stickles, Nestabilities

5 comments:

  1. Very cute Katarina, love the colours on this sweet card
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Katarina! Your colouring is superb, I'm not brave enough to try out the "no lines" technique but yours is amazing. I'm loving your backgroud paper too, brilliant effect.
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a lovely card!! It makes me happy and I love the colours!!

    Have a nice evening!1

    hugs from Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring always amazes me. The scarf and hat look REAL! Cute, "normal" card. I had no idea that your usual was a 6" square. Thanks for sharing and also the site for the musical scores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I was asked by a friends, if I had seen this no line technique. I hAd no idea what she was talking about and WOW..I am heading over to find out now. This snowman is unbelievable. I first looked at him and wondered what the heck he was.... I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!