Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mice are Nice Flower Shop

Hello loyal blog readers, thanks for stopping by today! Lili of the Valley has some adorable new stamps coming out if you haven't heard already. They're scheduled to be released Nov. 10 in their web store, earlier if you're lucky enough to be attending the Hobbycrafts show in Birmingham, UK! 
If you're a fan of their adorable Mice are Nice line of images, then you're in for a treat! Lots of new ones coming out soon. This one is called Flower Shop.


These cute little stamps make me feel so nostalgic. I've always been an avid reader since I was a small child and one of my favorite books was The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary. I LOVED her books, and the mouse ones were read and re-read. I was fascinated by fantastical miniature worlds in which little creatures or fairies lived. Now that I think about it, I've always been entranced by miniatures. Maybe that's why I love making cards, you can use all sorts of miniature things to embellish them!


Anyway, this was colored with Copics, & added a bit of hand stitching around the edges. The card layout is based on the current Mojo Monday sketch. 


How about that gorgeous lace die cut??!! New one from Cheery Lynn, gosh it's gorgeous! I told myself I wouldn't need to buy as many dies once I became comfortable with my Gazelle, there are so many cut files out there, a lot of them free! BUT, I don't know if it's just me, or maybe my second hand machine has something wrong with it, but I just can't get intricate designs cut out nicely. I've almost given up on the thing, so the new dies keep on comin'!


Have a great day!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Paper: My Mind's Eye, PTI
Tools & Accessoris: Spellbinders Labels, Circle Scissor, embroidery floss, Copics, silk ribbon,  Daisy punches from The Punch Bunch, Cheery Lynn lace die, Viva Decor Pearl Pen

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute image and I love the colors you've chosen! Perhaps the blade isn't set to cut deep enough? I'm not familiar with the Gazelle, but I ran into that problem with a Cricut on more intricate designs. But the dies you use are super! =)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!