Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christmas waves a magic wand...

Good morning! There's not much stamping, and no coloring at all on this card today, just loads of beautiful die cuts and textured paper. This card started with me experimenting with the Damask letterpress plate from Sizzix. There a quite a few Damask embossing folders out there, but they were all too small for the size card I like to make, so when I saw the larger letterpress plate, I had to try it out with plain embossing. It did work with a few changes. I used thick water color paper, both the cutting plates, the MPP on the Big Kick (all tabs open) and around 3 folded sheets of newsprint between the water color paper and the cutting pad. The embossing was not as deep as an embossing folder, but still pretty good. After embossing, I spray Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist over it and let it dry. The cool thing was that the spray liked to run into the deeper, debossed sections and made them darker. Very pretty. After it dried, the debossing seemed somewhat lighter so I decided to run it through the machine again. This was easy to do because the design on the letterpress plate is very thick, so it slipped right into the previously embossed design and lined up perfectly. 


Running it through the machine again improved the debossed design dramatically and I had a gorgeous piece of almost velvet like textured paper. 


The pretty little sleigh die cut is from Marianne Designs Creatables. I cut two of them out of gold  Stardream cardstock and layered them with foam tape. I added some die cut greenery frosted with glass glitter in the sleigh. 


Thanks for looking, have a great day!


Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Versafine, Distress
Paper: Strathmore water color paper, Kaisercraft, Stardream, Bazzill
Tools & Accessories: Spellbinders Labels/Oval Nestie, Marianne Designs Creatables sleigh/flourish die, Spellbinders Poinsettia dies, May Arts wide striped grosgrain ribbon, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, glass glitter, red pearls, Cheery Lynn Pine bough die, EK Success mini holly punch, Sizzix Ink-its letterpress plate, Glimmer Mist

5 comments:

  1. Hi wow this is so rich and velvety! Love the textures. Every inch is so perfect!! Love it Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!! This is so stunningly elegant! I love the richness of the colours and beautiful diecuts.
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!