Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Good morning everyone, Happy Friday! It's also Veteran's Day, so let's not forget to thank a Vet for their service to our country. Thanks to all our military Veterans for fighting for our freedom!

I have another very time consuming card to share with you. These gorgeous backgrounds from Motivet are just so gorgeous, and they've recently released a few more. They're so beautiful. This one is the Christmas decorated house that I used with last year's Lili of the Valley stamp 'All Wrapped Up'. This elegant little lady is perfect with the grand Victorian house. 


I colored everything with my Copics, then added a bunch of 'snow' with my favorite paint spattering technique. 



I framed the background image with a Creatables die cut from gold cardstock. I added a little pine and rose spray on the bottom with tiny red jingle bells. I finally found the perfect pine branch dies from Cheery Lynn so it's easy to make these pretty little clusters.


With a card that took this much time to make, I couldn't neglect the inside of the card, so I added some pretty matching paper that I clear embossed with a pinecone cluster from Northwoods stamps. Hard to see in the picture... The die cut is from the Kaisercraft paper pad, 'December 25th'. 


Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

Stamps: Motivet digital landscape stamp, Lili of the Valley
Ink: Memento, Distress, Versamark
Paper: Hammermill, Stardream, Kaisercraft, SU, Heavenly White
Tools & Accessories: Marianne Creatables die, Copics, wide striped grosgrain ribbon, seed beads, Nestabilities, Wild Orchid Crafts rose, Cheery Lynn pine branch die, jingle bells, Stickles, red pearls, sewing machine, American acrylic paint, old toothbrush

4 comments:

  1. Stunning Kathy! I sooooo love your work!!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Katarina!! I love how you've been combining these background images with the LOTV images. Gorgeous coloring like always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY gorgeous!! This is my first time commenting and I wanted to tell you that I love your blog and you are the reason I put in my first order with LOTV! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just gorgeous! I love how you colored the background :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!