Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tree tops glisten...

Hello folks, I've been without internet all day and was seriously going through withdrawal! It really stinks to have a day off and not be able to go online, lol! 
But, it's finally back and now I can post this card that has been sitting in my drafts folder for a while now. As some of you may know, I've been a huge Papertrey Ink fan almost for as long as they've been in business. My stamping style has evolved and changed a bit, and I don't use their stamps as much as I'd like to. I just love coloring too much, but every once in a while they put out a set that I absolutely adore. This 'In the Meadow' stamp set is one of them. There is nothing about this set that I don't love, it is just beautiful. The best part? It comes with a matching set of dies. 


So here's the first card I made using the set. I love silhouette stamps used with beautiful brayered backgrounds, so that's what I went with. I used some Post It note masks for some snowy drifts along the bottom, sponged along the edges with ink. It's amazing how simple it is to create snow with this technique. A lot easier than Copics or colored pencils, IMO!



To create the shadows underneath the deer and critters, I took a Tombow blender pen scribbled in some of the same ink I used to sponge the snow and just created some shadows underneath them. 
I added some die cut trees to the background using coordinating patterned papers, a vellum fancy tag with Nestabling rhinestones and I have another beautiful card added to my stash. I have to make sure and get these out on time this year!


Thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versafine, SU, Distress, Perfect Match white ink
Paper: My Mind's Eye, silver shimmer cardstock, SU, vellum
Tools & Accessories: silver satin ribbon, Spellbinders Fancy Labels 2, Nestabling, brayer, Tombow blender pen, PTI tree die

6 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I am going to have to look up the Papertry Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card- I love the image- and the gorgeous colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! You're amazing!
    I'll follow your blog from now on!
    Thanks for such eye candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, whata lovely blog you have!! And I have a question for you. I have seen a pine tree several times here an is it a die cut? Where from..I just love it and I would like to buy it.

    If you would like answer my mail is
    lena.scrappa@gmail.com

    Thank you!!

    Hugs from Lena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the brayered background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love this set from PTI too! My favorite Christmas/Winter set!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!