Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

String Tie Envelope Box

Good morning blog friends, it's been a long, long week. I struggled with lack of motivation for blogging, I have several bare bones posts sitting in my 'Drafts' folder, taunting me, but I had no desire to write them up and publish them. Actually, I had a couple of projects done, but didn't feel like setting up my light tent, taking pictures, editing, etc. etc. I've been working longer hours so I can carpool with Jimmy and save a big chunk of cash on gas, but it's really cramping my crafting time. And when I can't do my thing, I get grumpy, and tired, and overwhelmed. sigh...

Thanks for letting me vent, I'm done now. Here's a cute project I made using a Silhouette Store digital template for my Cameo. 


How adorable is this string tie box with little string tie envelopes? Something a little different from a traditional Christmas card. This would be perfect for sending Grandma the kid's school photos, you could attach them to the little inserts.


I just made little ATC sized cards with some Lili of the Valley stamps this time. I used 'Christmas Star', 'Set 33- Christmas Grungy Messages' and the tag is from 'Set 32'.


The papers are from the 'Classic Christmas' paper pad new to the LOTV store. 


I embellished the box with some paper 'greenery'. The pine boughs are a Cheery Lynn die, if I remember correctly. The pine cone is also made from paper, cut on my Cameo using an awesome set from SVG Cuts. I dabbed on some white Acrylic paint to the tips of the pine cone and greenery for a snowy effect. 

I love making 3D projects, and they're so much easier to make using my Cameo!

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. The is beautiful Gift Card envelopes box...i had never seen this before..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and Like the project. Can I ask if it's ok with you, how can I made one too? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome project!! Great idea for the photos for Grandma! I think I am going to make one for each of my son's grandmothers and aunts and uncles!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!