Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Festive Fairy

Good morning blog friends! I have another peek of one of the new stamps Lilli of the Valley is releasing soon. This one is called Festive Fairy and she is a beauty. (aren't they all!


She's colored with Copics to match these gorgeous papers from an older Stampin Up collection. I added lots of sparkle with Stickles to all the snow. 


The rose is from Wild Orchid Crafts. I didn't have a red one, so I sprayed a white rose with Red Velvet Glimmer Mist. There's only one problem when I do this though, the glue doesn't hold and it falls apart. Not really a big problem, I just glue them back together after it dries. You can always make do with what you have with a little ingenuity! I've also colored them with daubers dipped in ink pads, which works a little better because they don't get saturated. The color isn't as vibrant though. 


So which new images are your favorites from the upcoming release? Have you all been seeing the DT's gorgeous creations with them? I'm glad they're being released well in advance of the holidays, gives me plenty of time to get a head start on my Christmas cards. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley 'Festive Fairy', sentiment from 'Merry Christmas' A5 stamp sheet
Ink: Memento, Distress
Paper: Heavenly White, SU, The Paper Co., PTI, Hammermill
Tools & Accessories: Spellbinders Lacy squares, SU twill ribbon, WOC rose, Glimmer Mist, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Copics, Stickles, EK Success tiny scallop punch, McGill decorative label punch

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Katarina, just beautiful. Love the image and colouring..the lovely papers and fabulous ribbon.Gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right...this is a beauty...would love all LOTV stamps!! This is such a great card ALL OVER!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love the colours. I like them all but I think this is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!