Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Roses in kraft

Look at this pretty daisy stamp. Another wonderful image from JustRite's latest release. I do love daisies! You can't see the coloring very well in this picture, I was having a the devil of a time trying to get a decent shot. But I used two contrasting colors, a reddish violet and a pale, creamy yellow. I really should try and keep track of the colors I use, but I just keep forgetting. Besides, by the time I'm finished coloring, there are PILES of pencils all over my work area!
Anyway, I really wanted a fuzzy textured flower center, but of course, didn't have Flower Soft or flocking in the right color. So here's what I did; I took a pinch of my Polar White Flower Soft, dumped it in a plastic baggie, added a couple of drops of Adirondack reinker, a pinch of glitter, and spread it out on some paper to dry. Once it dried, I glued it on as usual. Pretty cool, huh? Necessity is the mother of all invention, I always say!

Thanks for dropping in!

Stamps: JustRite, PTI sentiment
Ink: Memento, Adirondack, Distress
Paper: PTI, My Mind's Eye, SU
Accessories: Martha Stewart lattice punch, Nestabilities, colored pencils, OMS, Flower Soft, PTI ribbon, McGill Label punch, pearls

6 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous and thanks for a great tip on the Flower Soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I love the colors and layering of the flower. And your flower soft idea is great. One I know I will use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the colors just fine and they look amazing. Love how you did the flower center--wonderful job as usual

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love the old fashion style. Just great!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always so beautiful and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!