Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Swing in the Garden

I've had this Stampin Up paper in my stash for quite a while, and never used it. I have no idea why since Baja Breeze is one of my favorite colors, ever! The colors are really beautiful in the whole collection of papers and it was my inspiration for coloring the image. I colored with my Copics, used a Sharpie extra fine white poster pen to make the polka dots on her dress.
See the flowers in the top left corner of the image? Wanna know why they're there? Well, I know they're pretty, but I wasn't going to use them. I had the whole card done, the tree leaves were covered in Ice Stickles, drying slowly, when I decided I needed a little tag for a sentiment hanging from the bow. As I was tying it on, you guessed it.....I smeared the Stickles! I tried rubbing a little too hard, and the paper got all yucky. So, the flowers were born. 'Tis what Bob Ross would call a happy accident, I guess.

Thanks for visiting me, and I love to read your comments, so please take a second to leave a small word or two!

Stamps: My Favorite Things, PTI sentiment
Ink: Memento
Paper: Heavenly White, SU
Accessories: SU ribbon, Copics, Stickles, Martha Stewart Hydrangea/Tiny Tag/Simple Scallop punches, Adirondack Dimensional Paint, Dew Drops

11 comments:

  1. I say just as well you smeared the stickles! The flowers look fantastic. I love the card. The colours are beautiful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorabel! Lovely colours. You are a real inspiration.
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. moi how gorgous is that! wow, soooo cute .. just <3 it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. That little girl is so adorable. I would agree that the flowers are a "happy accident" because they look really cute on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWE! That stamp is adorable, love your papers and your perfect bow. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katarina - every single card you make is a home run!

    Beautiful color and design. You've got it going on in every way.

    Thanks for blessing us like you do with so many wonderful ideas.

    mary anne in stanwood

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Good save! It happens to all of us! It's a truly delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is darling...you disguised your "ooopps" perfectly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers look like they were meant to be there, they look great! Baja Breeze is one of my fav colors too and I think I used my sharpie pen on most of my PI cards I've done recently, lol. Love your sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWEEE!! Gorgeous! The flowers in the corner look great - a happy accident indeed. Beautiful coloring, and I love the polka dot dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is adorable ... love the colors you selected too

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!