Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter Birthday

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was very nice, I had a few days off so I really got to enjoy it at home and we went to my parents to spend the day with my folks and brothers. I did get all my baking done, as well as those snowflake cookies I was talking about but I've got NO pictures to show for it! I made the mistake of making two batches of butter cookie dough, not knowing that one would be way more than enough and it ended up being a HUGE project! I spent the entire day making cookies, then rest of the evening decorating them so I was exhausted. I wanted nothing more to do with them when they were finished! I learned a few things from that day, and I can say I won't be making them again any time soon, lol! But I had plenty to give out to family and friends, and even brought some to work and they seemed to be a big hit. It was a good recipe.

Anyway, I want my routine back, enough hustle and bustle so here's a card I made recently. I'm still in winter mode, not ready for flowers and springtime yet, so I decided on a winter birthday card. This is a digital image from Wee Stamps.


With the popularity of Nordic patterns all over the place, I was really wishing for an embossing folder with a knitted pattern. Cuttlebug, Sizzix, anyone? Anyone? Nope, nowhere to be found unfortunately. So, I improvised and created a stamped pattern using the knit background pattern from Waltzingmouse Stamps. How awesome would that be as an embossing folder?! They have herringbone, argyle, hounds tooth, but no knit! Get with it!




Image was colored with Copics, and I added a little decorative hand stitching around it. The snowflake is an Amuse Studio die that I covered in clear EP to make it nice and shiny.


Thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Wee Stamps, Waltzingmouse Stamps, PTI sentiment
Ink: Versamark, Memento
Paper: Hammermill, PTI
Tools & Accessories: twill ribbon, Amuse Studios snowflake die, embroidery thread, clear EP, Copics, Souffle pen, white EP, Stickles



4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the colors you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I just finished a winter birthday card & I wish I had seen this stamp first! You've created the perfect winter birthday card! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I just made a card with this image but I want yours instead. Your card is absolutely beautiful!!!! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how gorgeous is this card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!