Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Spooky Day

Good morning everyone! I have the weekend off and there's no kids and no significant other, so I am enjoyin' the peace and quiet! After work last night I settled down on the couch, and watched about 4 episodes of 'The Tudors' on Netflix, I can't tell you how long it's been since I've been able to do absolutely nothing
Well, I'm up bright and early (had to place my Papertrey Ink order nice and early before everything sold out, lol!) and I have another Halloween card to share. Now, to be perfectly honest, I don't really give out Halloween cards. Sometimes I sell them, or stash them in a box in case I might need it, or on the very rare occasion, give it along with a Halloween treat to someone special. I just love making them, I don't care about the 'What do I do with it?'. Cards are a miniature art form to me, the process is what makes me happy, it's my therapy!


So, how about some details... I found this gorgeous landscape background digital stamp from Motivet some time ago and just knew I had to color it. I don't do these types of cards very often, but sometimes I just have the urge to color up a whole scene. Problem was, after I colored the background, I couldn't find a cute little matching witch that was in the right proportion. I wasn't about to reprint and recolor the background so I set it aside. I find if I set something aside, eventually something will turn up that will work perfectly. Sure enough, this little cutie from SU's Greeting Card Kids was the answer.


I even made a matching postcard to go with the vintage card theme, it's kind of tucked in the back, a lot of it covered up. Oh well, the cool spider stamp is visible and that's the best part! This card was a lot of fun to make...


Thanks for peeking in on my blog, have a great weekend!


Stamps: SU, Motivet digital stamp, Catslife Press, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento, Distress, Adirondack, Versafine
Paper: PTI, Hammermill, Basic Grey
Tools & Accessories: Postage stamp die from PTI, striped grosgrain ribbon, Baker's twine, Copics, Spellbinders rectangle Fleur de Lis die, Stickles

3 comments:

  1. Adorable, and the little SU greeting card image fits perfectly and I love the little postcard you placed on the side.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I LOVE this! I really love the colors and that glittery moon. Very nice work!

    Every single time I see cards like this, I want to start purchasing copic markers so that I can finally try them out.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness this is so Lovely! Wonderful background image! gorgeous ly colored. So glad your found such a perfect little witch to go with it! She definitely looks like she belongs there in your Beautiful creation! Love every fabulous detail Miss Kathy!

    Hugs
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!