Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Hydrangeas

Good morning! Boy was I happy when I saw my most favorite flower released in a new stamp set by Papertrey Ink. I LOVELOVELOVE Hydrangeas. I had a beautiful one on my back deck a couple of years ago that was just stunning, all different shades of pale blue to Periwinkle to Blue-Violet and pale Lime green centers. Breathtaking! It's gone now. I didn't research how to overwinter potted Hydrangeas here in chilly PA and the poor things froze to death, boo hoo!


One of my stamping related goals is to some day be able to replicate my beautiful departed Hydrangea on paper, I want to capture the colors in Copics or colored pencils, or water color. It has not happened on this card. 

I like this one though, it's pretty enough. I still need to practice though, and one day I'll get it right.


Thanks for stopping by, tomorrow is challenge day, see you then!


Most supplies are from Papertrey ink except for seam binding. 

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card,so beautiful.I'm in love with Hydrangeas too:)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    It is a lovely card and you're right - Hydrangeas are beautiful.
    Greeting
    Carin

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!