Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Impression Obsession Design Team Color Challenge: White

This week's IO challenge is to use ALL white. I knew I might have a hard time doing this, I have never attempted anything like it! That is what I like about challenges though, I get to try something I normally wouldn't do.
If you would like to join in on the challenge, visit the IO blog for all the details on how you could win a $25 gift certificate and be featured on the IO blog and gallery!
I love this challenge! Amazingly, it looks wonderful (I wasn't so sure I could pull it off). I figured with such a limited color palette, I had to use lots of different textures and patterns. I embossed the Christmas tree from Leigh Hannan's 'Snowflakes' clear stamp set with white embossing powder, cut it out with Spellbinders Labels die and added lots of pretty sparkly rhinestones and pearls.
The main card panel is embossed with a Sizzix texture plate, and I punched a Fiskars border along the bottom edge. Some sheer shimmery white (and white with silver) ribbon tied along the top, and my card was done. I think it looks amazing! So elegant!

For more inspiration take a look at the rest of the team's blogs:

Deborah

Hope it inspires you to try something new, thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Impression Obsession 'Snowflakes' clear stamp set

Paper: Papertrey Ink

Ink: Versamark

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels die, Sizzix texture plate, rhinestones, pearls, Stickles, sheer white ribbons, Stampendous white EP, tiny snowflake button (Michael's)

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Kathy, this is so elegant and so lovely too! What a really creative and beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a pretty card. I love the embossed tree and the jewels and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not have done this kind of card before, but you certainly pulled it off!! You did a beautiful job. The jewels and pearls are the perfect touch to your white tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the challenge was hard too. You did a wonderful job!!! Of course, I can be swayed by people adding bling to their cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the texture you added to this with a dose of sparkle! It's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always inspired by your art, Kathy! Which is why I've left you a little something' special on my blog: http://shadytreestudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, very elegant and I love the gems and pearls x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUCH a beautiful, feminine card Kathy! My card was posted late because of a blogger scheduler glitch, but it's finally on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and elegant!! This was difficult challenge for me, but I'm so glad I played along.

    I would like to invite you to check out a "March for the Snowmen" Blog Hop I am participating in tomorrow. Probably 1/2 of the particpates are giving away blog candy!
    http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about stunning!!! This is just gorgeous...I love white on white and you did a perfect job of making this card stunning! Thank you for your comment on SCS!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!