Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Funky Trees

This card was inspired by Becky Oehlers card a while back, I think I saw it in the PTI newsletter. I loved the idea she had to use felt as a snowy hill. I didn't have a regular sewing machine though, so I couldn't stuff the felt to make it quilted. I only have a Janome mini and it wouldn't stitch through the thick layers, so I settled for one layer of felt. I still love the look though!
The color scheme and the birds were inspired by a desktop wallpaper I have on my laptop, so with these two sources of inspiration I came up with this card. I love it, and will not give it to anyone, lol! This one is mine!

Hope it inspires you to add some texture and dimension the next time you make a card, it's fun! Thanks for visiting!


Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Perfect Match
Paper: Heavenly White, PTI
Accessories: PTI ribbon/buttons, wool felt, sewing machine, red pearls, white acrylic paint, old toothbrush, silver cord

3 comments:

  1. Really cute! Love the felt and the fun trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I happened upon Becky Ohlers felt snow and LOVED it too! Unlike you, I just have not tried it yet...but I will. This is a great card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!