Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Impression Obsession Color Challenge

This weeks IODT challenge is 'Shades of Green'. Visit the IO blog for all the details on how you can participate and win a $25 gift certificate for the IO store.
I used the tree and leaf stamps from the clear stamp set 'Branches of the Tree'. I used two different sizes of the leaf clusters to stamp different shades of green with Colorbox Fluid chalks and a little bit of Brilliance pearly green ink. I made sure to stamp a light layer of leaves first, then stamp the darker leaves on top to add depth to the tree.
The papers are all Papertrey Ink, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Chocolate and the patterned paper is from 'Turning a New Leaf' paper collection. I love the Herringbone texture I created using the Cuttlebug embossing folder, very masculine.
This was a fun challenge, I like doing monochromatic color schemes! I hope you'll join in and share your creation too!

Here's the rest of the design team's blogs for more inspiration:

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Impression Obsession 'Branches of the Tree'
Ink: Fluid Chalks, Brilliance
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF, Spring Moss twill ribbon from PTI, SU ribbon slider, Martha Stewart flourish edger punch

7 comments:

  1. This is fun Kathy and just "peaceful" Love the earthy feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love that tree stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing unique idea's and I love the way you created the tabs to the sides of your main panel to secure it! How did you do that! Beautiful card for the green challenge! I had fun with this challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the "calmness" of it. xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous, Kathy. I really like the little sparkle clusters too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy -- Beautifully done, love that shade of deep olive green!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!