Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cutie Pie

Here's the other card I made using Mel's tile background technique, this time for a kitchen scene. I stamped and colored Tilda with Prismacolor pencils, then cut her out. To make the tiles, I cut a bunch of squares using Nestabilities from Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird paper. I glued them onto a piece of cardstock in a tile pattern, then inked them with Versamark ink & embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I cut the whole thing out with Spellbinders Labels 9.
I even cut out a little oval for a little rug beneath Tilda, making little stitches around the edge. The strip behind the image was cut with the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, all very fitting for this cooking themed card!
The sentiment was printed from my computer and cut out with the double ended tag die from Spellbinders.
I had lots of fun making this card, hope you enjoy it as well, thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Magnolia (from A Little Yummy for your Tummy collection)
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, PTI, Core'dinations, Bristol vellum
Accessories: Nestabilities, Fiskars punch, twill ribbon, clear EP, half pearls, Red Copic Spica pen, White Sakura Glaze pen

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card and so much work you have put into it. Smashing! You really are an inspiration.
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! love your coloring of the image and that tile technique is fabulous! Very cool creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card and your rub a dub dub card are awesome. Your tiles are just gorgeous. You have inspired me to try this too. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!