Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Spread Christmas Cheer

Good morning friends, can you believe it's December already? I have been a busy little beaver decorating and crafting for the holidays. Putting up lights, decorating the fireplace mantle, making all sorts of crafty Christmas things that are not cards, lol! I'll take pictures soon, I need lots of natural light to get a good shot of the mantle where I have displayed a lot of the things I've been working on. Most of these crafty projects are all thanks to my Pinterest addiction! I've always been a crafty sort, dabbling in one thing or another, but cardmaking kind of grabbed me and kept me at it for the longest time and I ignored all my other hobbies. I think that's changing. I've even gotten the itch to paint again, I miss it so much! I'll try to share my other projects soon. In the meantime, here's another CAS card I created using Stamping Bella's Uptown Girls. LOVELOVELOVE these gals, they look like such a fun bunch don't they?


They're colored with Copics, glittered with Stickles and Spica pens and I heat embossed a Papertrey Ink sentiment all on one layer of cardstock. I added a tiny bit of patterned paper border around the whole thing because I just can't make a card without using a little bit of it!


I added my signature bow with some colorful tiny jingle bells and call this card done! Another simple card I am very pleased with. 

Well it's the start of a new work week, so fun hobby time is limited till I get a day off again. poo... Thanks for visiting, I'll be back with another card soon!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow I love this card those girls are so having fun

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Katarina, I love it.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Katarina - beautiful colouring, love the simple layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my card, just beautiful Katarina!!! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, this is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Katarina! How do you make your bows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comments!
      I made the bow by folding the ribbon into the loops, but I used the baker's twine to tie it in the center. I tied on the bells then attached the whole bow to the ribbon across the top of the card with a piece of double stick tape. The bow and the strip of ribbon are two separate pieces. HTH! Email me if you have any questions, link in my right sidebar.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the bow tip. I will have to try it out! Again, I love your work. :)

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!